Accident and Emergency Claims
For many people who have suffered an injury, the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E) at the local hospital will be their first stop. On the whole, treatment provided in A&E is excellent and often life saving. However, with so many people attending and resources being so stretched, errors are inevitable. Common errors we see are:
- A failure to properly examine the patient
- A failure to perform the correct investigations
- A failure to refer on to, or seek advice from, an appropriate specialist
- A failure to report investigations correctly (such as x-rays)
As a result of the above, patients can often be given the incorrect diagnosis and wrongly discharged home.
Our team of medical negligence specialists have dealt with claims involving the delayed or missed diagnosis of:
- Fractures. For example, fractured scaphoids are commonly missed.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- Sub-arachnoid haemorrhage
- Cauda equina syndrome
- Aortic aneurysms
- Testicular torsion