Birth Injury Claims
The birth of a new baby is an exciting time for the whole family. If things go wrong during the pregnancy or the birth, the effects can be devastating.
Some of the issues can be incredibly complex and require specialist expertise. Our team of medical negligence specialists have dealt with claims involving injuries to both mother and baby. Below are some examples of the types of birth injury claims we deal with:
Injuries to mother
- Third and fourth degree perineal tears
- Internal injuries during caesarean section such as bowel and bladder damage. Such injuries can be inevitable, but the failure to spot and treat them is often negligent
- Retained swabs
- Delayed or missed diagnosis of maternal diabetes or pre-eclampsia
Injuries to baby
- Cerebral palsy
- Brain injuries
- Hip dysplasia (missed diagnosis)
- Erbs Palsy / Brachial Plexus injuries
- Still Birth
Cerebral palsy claims in particular require very specialist input due to the complex medical evidence required. We work with a bank of experts who are able to assist, including obstetricians, paediatricians, neurologists and neuro-radiologists. If a medical negligence claim is established, we can help you recover compensation to cover the cost of suitable accommodation, aids and equipment, care and treatment to ensure an improved quality of life.