Criminal Injury Claims

Criminal Injuries

If you are the victim of a violent crime, then you may be able to claim compensation for your injuries from the Criminal Injuries Compensation Authority (CICA).

It is necessary for the crime to have been reported to the Police at the time, and it must not have been provoked in any way.

The time limit for submitting a claim is two years from the date of the incident (save in exceptional circumstances, which we can explain).

There are no Court proceedings involved; everything is dealt with on paper.

This is a Government scheme, and compensation is paid by them. This means that there is no need to involve your assailant at all.

Ask for details of our no win no fee scheme, under which there is nothing at all for you to pay if the claim fails, and a percentage of your compensation (to be agreed with you) to pay if the claim succeeds. Please note, however, that our no win no fee scheme for Criminal Injury claims is different from our usual scheme, and we may only be able to offer to act on a no win no fee basis if you have suffered fairly serious injuries or are likely to be away from work for 28 weeks or more.

The CICA can award compensation for your injuries (physical and psychological), loss of earnings (for certain periods which we will explain) and out of pocket expenses.

Please feel free to contact us for a free appointment to discuss your claim in more detail, by phoning us on 01304 784784

Request a callback