Nursing Home Neglect
There is now a large proportion of the elderly population currently residing in nursing homes in the UK. It is unfortunate that some nursing home services fall below a reasonable standard of care and that sometimes this can cause a resident an injury.
Key areas of nursing home negligence include:-
1. Falls where the nursing home has failed to provide mobility devices, carry out risk assessments and adequate supervision to prevent accidents.
2. Bed sores these can occur where the home has failed to prevent a resident from developing pressure sores or provide appropriate treatment for existing sores developing further or healing.
3. Dehydration/malnutrition where the home has failed to provide enough food and water causing the resident to be dehydrated and under nourished which in turn leads to the resident developing serious health problems and fail to fight off infection.
4. Medical errors this is where the nursing home has, for example, failed to provide the resident with the right dose of medication or the wrong medication entirely causing the resident to suffer harm.
5. Abuse where the elderly resident has suffered an injury by the carer due to physical abuse, for example, use of inappropriate restraint or food or water depravation.
Other areas of negligence include failure to provide clean safe and decent living conditions or properly assist with personal hygiene especially where the resident is incontinent.
If you feel that your loved one has suffered an injury as a result if neglect in a nursing care home then contact our specialist team for a free consultation.
How we can help
We are based in Canterbury, but affiliated to Girlings Solicitors, who have additional branch offices in Ashford and Herne Bay. We are happy to offer you a free appointment to discuss whether there is a potential claim. The appointment is without obligation.
To arrange an appointment, please telephone our team on 0845 2221999, or e-mail us email@example.com
When getting in touch, please feel free to ask for further details of our No Win No Fee scheme under which there is nothing to pay towards our charges if the claim does not succeed, or check out our home page for more information.